Monday, October 3, 2011

Con Air Chronicles

Sunday October 2. Con Air came on, and the weekend was suddenly better. Con Air is the type of movie that know exactly what it is and doesn't apologize for it. It's a big cliched Hollywood blockbuster that Michael Bay wished he directed.

I can't explain it but every time Con Air comes on, I can't help but tune in. It's perhaps my third time that I've watched it in its entirety on cable t.v. and without a doubt one of the movies that I absolutely have to turn to (save for an important hockey game).

One of the major drawing points is Nicolas Cage and his crazy hillbilly hair. If I didn't know any better, the movie could've been a big advertisement for Conair Hair dryers disguised as a cheesy hollywood action film. Certainly Nic Cage's hair was just dying for some treatment. And what about that accent? It was one of the most unconvincing southern accents I've ever heard, and I absolutely loved it. It pushed the movie from just another cliched action flick to an incredibly cheesy and (un)intentionally funny action movie.

I just thought it was something worth sharing.

0 comments: